Monday, November 06, 2006

Had a Weird Dream Last Night

I dreamed I was in Chicago when there an earthquake. I happened to be in an elevator with a couple of other people whom I didn't know when it happened. The elevator stopped and we were stuck for a while but got out by sending the elevator down to the sub-basement.

Somehow I ended up in St. Louis, which was a real mess. The arch was twisted, and panels were missing from it. Some buildings had partially or totally collapsed. Some people were stuck in the partially collapsed buildings because they couldn't get out.

After a while, the dream changed and I ended up being in a kind of survival situation where there was no city, nothing around but nature. Sort of a post-apocalyptic, Hobbesian state-of-nature kind of thing. A group of us (none of whom I think I knew) were traveling around with only a few provisions and our own wits to stay alive. It felt like there was always somebody out to get us.

All things considered, it was a very weird dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to have a fair amount of these post-apocolyptic dreams. Wondering if that meant anything, I looked through a couple of dream-interpretation sites. All they told me was that dream-interpretation websites are useless.

John Bowen said...

Do I really have these kinds of dreams quite often?

I had a very different dream last night. Actually a couple of them. In one of them, Todd and I were lost in a strange town and we somehow got hooked into going to this strange church that neither of us really wanted to go to. In the other one, Mari-Rose and I had a new house (or something) where our bedroom didn't have walls. Our bed was outside, under the stars.