Wednesday, January 09, 2008

She Hate Me

So ... last night after rehearsal for the play I'm doing at the local community theatre, a few of us in the cast go out for a frosty beverage. It's a tradition of sorts on Tuesdays.

At the local watering hole, a few other people always show up - people who do stuff at the theatre but aren't involved in this particular production. Everybody knows that the theatre people will be there on Tuesday night, so they just come.

Last night, I noticed something odd. One of these other people - a collegeish-aged young woman whom I've seen there a couple of times - really, really doesn't like me. She shot me a couple of dirty looks, and when I left for the evening, gave me a contemptuous sneer before looking way. Trust me about this - she's an actress, so if she wants to nonverbally communicate contempt, she's really good at it.

The weird thing is, I don't think I've ever said more than two words to her. She's been at the Tuesday night table a few times, but we've never had any conversation or anything.

Which is curious to me. She clearly does not like me. Why? I can understand why someone - probably most people - would be ambivalent about me. I'm just this guy, you know? But I don't understand why someone would make such a display of disliking me, when I haven't even talked to her.

Anyway - she hate me.


No comments: