Thursday, June 26, 2008

Stupid

I'm beginning to think stupidity is a virtue.

Obama has more work to do to quell fears among voters like Kirstie Hartle of Rome, N.Y., a registered Democrat who has never supported a Republican presidential candidate. She said she doesn't like Obama's name and thinks he has a questionable background.

"It sounds to me like a Middle Eastern type of name and whether or not he's born here in the United States, he doesn't seem like, to me, somebody who is trustworthy," Hartle said in a telephone interview. "You can't trust anybody these days, so who's to say he's not a terrorist and we just don't realize it yet?"

"I refuse to vote for an Arab to be in my White House," said retired salesman Dean Johnson of Lanett, Ala. "That is the only factor. Otherwise, you couldn't break both my legs and make me vote for a Republican."
Wouldn't it be great to be this stupid? Because, think about it:

When you're this stupid, you never, ever worry that you might be wrong.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me sick to think that there are still people in this county this prejudiced and ill-informed. Shame on them.

Drew said...

So many things wrong there it's hard to even know where to start.

Anonymous said...

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
--Bertrand Russell

John Bowen said...

M-R, she is wise.

Anonymous said...

Amen, M-R! I get so tired of trying to argue with stupid people. I'm very fond of the popular T-Shirt saying... "You can't fix stupid."

*sigh*

The real problem is that nothing is being done to PREVENT stupid. If we spent some more $$$ on our educational system, we might actually be able to raise the average IQ high enough that some our problems (like teaching intelligent design in schools) would disappear.