Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Catching Up

Been out a few days. Was in STL over the weekend.

Saw the Cardinals Sunday. They still stink, generally, but they beat the Cubs with a walk-off grand slam. I'd never seen one of those before. So, hey.

They went 4-0 with me in the ballpark this year. I think I should have season tickets.

Other miscellaneous things:

If you're interested in hearing some interesting people talk, you can hardly do better than the TED conference. Here are this year's presentations.

Last week at the library, we got the best kids' picture book I've read in a while: David Macauley's "Shortcut." He also wrote one called "Black and White" which must be one of the most innovative kids' books ever. It's a trip. "Shortcut" is kind of a simpler riff on the same idea as "Black and White."

No comments: