Sunday, August 20, 2006

Perspective

Today I made a trip to the WGLT Recycled Music Sale with India. When we went, I was in a bad mood.

But at the sale, India was attracted to a cassette single in the "World Music" box. The cassette case had a colorful sleeve which looked like a lot of fun. She asked if we could buy it. I took a look at it, gave it about 3 seconds of thought, realized that "what the hell" was the best response, and bought it. It was only 50 cents. What the hell, indeed.

And I must say that we had a boatload of fun listening to it in the truck on the way home. I think that this was the first time in the 16-year history of the truck that this song has been heard within its doors. It was worth the wait.

You might be asking - what work of sonic genius were we listening to?


Why, naturally..."Macarena."

Which just goes to show that a little perspective goes a long way.

No comments: